Suitable for all levels
- This event has passed.
The Flower Recipe – from design to delivery
Almost every day I get asked how many stems you need to create a certain design AND..how much to charge …and it’s such a difficult question to answer…Stem length and head diameter vary so much from season to season that it’s almost impossible to be exact. However we will do our best…..
This helpful course will cover:
- How to transform your client’s ideas into real designs
- Using a diagram/sketch to get the designs from your head onto paper
- Ascertaining stem quantities
- Using a Flower Grid to calculate wrap purchases
- How to minimise wastage
- How to keep an accurate record of design costs
- How to create a price list
We will deconstruct several key designs e.g. pedestal, flower arch, hand tied wedding bouquet, flower globe, various table centres and more in order to create individual flower recipes.
These can then help you work out exactly how much (and what) to order which in turn will help you calculate a suitable price point.
This course will help you feel much more confident and should really save you money as you aren’t plucking numbers from thin air..you do not need to be able to draw.
This is a short day course. There is copious coffee and cake.
Please bring your own lunch.