Suitable for all levels including beginners
- This event has passed.
British Flowers -cutting gardens and bouquets 10am-3pm
I love growing flowers and have been doing it for about 15 years now… I have SO much to tell you and the main thing is you do not need a big space atall… in the morning we will discuss:
- The ideal growing conditions -and how to deal with the less than ideal ones…
- How to utilise all your available space-however small
- The difference between Perennials, Annuals, Shrubs, Hardy/Half Hardy and Tender and all those other words…
- What to grow that’s best for cutting and using in floristry
- How to support, feed, water and cut properly
- Where to buy your seeds, tubers, bulbs etc
- When to sow, plant out etc
- How to source and use the flower farmers
You will also have some time just to have a think about your space, look at the (many) books I have here on growing and to ask any questions etc so you feel confident going forward.
In the afternoon we will create a bouquet with beautiful, seasonal blooms from a local flower farmer.
Please bring a packed lunch. All materials are provided.
Garlands are a great way to decorate your home over the Festive period...come and make one for your mantlepiece or to drape over a doorway. They are completely Eco, full […]
As the world of eco floristry develops more florists are needing to learn the skill of (properly!) creating a willow base for their designs. On this course you will learn […]
Suitable for all Levels
Suitable for everyone